Tuesday, November 24, 2009

To eliminate all conflict - JKOnline Daily Quotes

To eliminate all conflict - JKOnline Daily Quotes


To eliminate all conflict

Posted:

Part of meditation is to eliminate totally all conflict, inwardly and therefore outwardly. To eliminate conflict one has to understand this basic principle: the observer is not different from the observed, psychologically. When there is anger, there is no “I”, but a second later thought creates the “I” and says: “I have been angry” and brings in the idea that I should not be angry. So there is anger and then the “I” who should not be angry; the division brings conflict. When there is no division between the observer and the observed, and therefore only the thing that is, which is anger, then what takes place? Does anger go on? Or is there a total ending of anger?    The Wholeness of Life, p 142

No comments: