Monday, January 10, 2011

The transformation of Society - JKOnline Daily Quotes

The transformation of Society - JKOnline Daily Quotes


The transformation of Society

Posted:

Is it not, therefore, an obvious fact that what I am in my relationship to another creates society and that, without radically transforming myself, there can be no transformation of the essential function of society? When we look to a system for the transformation of society, we are merely evading the question, because a system cannot transform man; man always transforms the system, which history shows. Until I, in my relationship to you, understand myself I am the cause of chaos, misery, destruction, fear, brutality. Understanding myself is not a matter of time; I can understand myself at this very moment. - J. Krishnamurti The First and Last Freedom Chapter 1

No comments: