Friday, August 20, 2010

Are we aware of the fact that we have belief? - JKOnline Daily Quotes

Are we aware of the fact that we have belief? - JKOnline Daily Quotes


Are we aware of the fact that we have belief?

Posted:

Are we aware of the fact that we have belief? Beauty is considered to be an ideal, a distant thing. The man who does not see the beauty around him keeps the ideal of beauty, and he has no beauty in him. There is beauty now, in the face that smiles, in the stars, in the leaves, and so on. Because we do not see that beauty, we have recourse to the ideal of beauty. Some of you say that life would be impossible if we do not believe - for example, in the existence of London. But several things are involved in this. That is, the question of verification. You can ask ten different people and they will tell you where London is; you can also go and see . That is verification. But you all believe in reincarnation or in something else of that kind, which is incapable of verification. A million people tell me that they believe there is a God or there is a Master. Does their belief prove to me that there is a God? Any belief that I hold, projects itself as an experience; and then I say it is true because I have experienced it. I believe in reincarnation because it gives me a future chance, a psychological hope; I project that hope, and experience it as an actual experience. How often have you heard people say, "I know it has happened", as though there is no more to be said. You can only verify when you do not believe. - Collected Works Madras 1947

No comments: